Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dec 12th, Day 9 (110 days left)

Well, I did get out and walk a mile and a half yesterday...but it seems it was too little too late. Two nights in a row drinking has thrown a wrench in my plans. I was 245 and dropping, but now I'm 248 :( This is the good thing about weighing every day. I know right away when something is wrong. I did very well yesterday and plan to do just as well today. Maybe I'll bust out the Wii and play some sports.

Will has totally weirded me out, and I can say for sure that as flattering as it is that he came all the way from DC to see me, I just dont get the vibe from him. Too bad, he was cute and educated and has NO kids. Oh well, Brandan keeps me pretty well busy anyway, too bad he is only 20 :(

I need to get to the store and get more fruit. Ill have to make that a priority today.

Hmmm, not really a lot going on here right now. This Friday is my birthday and we are throwing a big party at the bar and its going to be a pajama party, so this week I get to go buy new PJs. I was hoping to be down another 5 pounds by then, instead of up! But we will see how the next couple of days go.

I felt like I wanted to cheat yesterday. I was out at the grocery store and I was hungry. The fast food places were smelling good and I kept telling myself "it is just so convienent to eat there, no dishes, good food..." And while I was standing in line for the check out the sodas in the coolers looked too good! I dont even drink soda, and I was like "I bet one of those would taste AMAZING!" I knew I was being irrational, but I couldn't stop the thoughts. UGH! I got out of there and home as quick as possible. Home is where I am the most comfortable! But these pizza hut commercials are starting to get to me!! Good thing I dont watch much TV or I might break down!

I feel good today though, and every day that I do well is more motivation. I cant wait to hit my next goal. I know someone commented about how food is not a good form of reward, but the food that I eat at that resturant is not bad for me like McDonalds would be or something. I might reconsider my treat for under 240...any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. I think the comment more meant that you shouldn't get in the habit of rewarding yourself with food because at the end of the day (whether it's a plate of nachos or some gourmet organic food) you are still training your brain to think of food as a reward, which is usually what makes people overweight in the first place. Emotional eaters (not sure if you are one) teach themselves: you had a bad day? eat some cookies! you had a good day? eat some cookies! you got a promotion? eat some cookies! you don't feel good and it's that time of the month? eat some cookies...I think you get the point. Not that you shouldn't take pleasure in food but it shouldn't be an emotional thing; you know the old adage, "Eat to live, don't live to eat?"

    I think you would be much happier if at your next goal, you rewarded yourself with a mani/pedi, or a new haircut, or a new outfit to show off your weight-loss, etc. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete