Thursday, July 7, 2011

Where have I been!!

WOW! It has been a long time since I have posted here! I am still fighting my obesity and it is a HARD struggle!

I have a new boy-friend (though I can hardly call him a boy) and we have just moved in together. His name is Tony and he is pretty much amazing! He is 17 years older than me and that is a bit odd, but he is soooo childish that I am still the boss in the relationship! I love him and he puts up with me and my dogs and I guess that is what matters!

I have also gotten a new job :) I love my job, but it is very frustrating at times. I am for sure under-paid and under-appreciated, but now days...who isn't?

OK, OK, on with the weight loss! I am 226 pounds today. I am in an office challenge to see who (in our office) can lose the most weight in 2 months. So I would like to drop 20 pounds before Aug 31st. The buy in for the challenge is $20 and the winner gets the whole pot, which is $140. That is 140 reasons to stay on the FREAKING WAGON! Too bad I am struggling so hard with my food addiction lately.

My will power has seemed to have gone out the window. I have the best intentions, but I am CRAVING foods...well not really food-S just one food...Chipotle. For those of you who don't know, its a fast food chain, like subway but Mexican food. It is amazing! No, its more than amazing...its FREAKING INCREDIBLE!! My new place (with Tony) is within walking distance to the restaurant and I literally have eaten it while he was at work and hidden the bags from him. That is a serious problem! I had just finished dinner with him this evening and he left for work and I was checking the garage to make sure he was gone so I could go get some...I wasn't even hungry! I didn't go! I looked up some stuff on the net and tried to gain some will power and insight to my own eating dysfunction.

I have been researching hypnosis to deter me away from bad foods and make me want to eat better, but everything I have read has said its a crock :( I have also been looking at Lap Band, but I know I probably wouldn't qualify and I would have to sign up for health insurance at my work and it would cost hundreds every month just to see if I could get it. There are no easy answers to this challenge that we face every day. I try to take it one step at a time, but in the beginning I was losing weight every day or every other day, and its not coming off that fast anymore. I am an instant gratification kind of person and its alot harder this time around!!

Now I did drop 40 pounds from last August until January (when I officially fell off the wagon). I know I can do it! 40 more would be wonderful, but I would really be happy being under 200 and just over weight and not obese anymore.

I am back on my old regimen. I am eating less than 1300 calories a day, eating as soon as I wake up and trying to eat constantly through out the day, small, high-protine snacks. And not eating late at night. I am doing good until I get home from work, then its on like donkey-kong! I work so hard and such long hours I feel like I deserve a reward for working so hard and constantly talk myself into Chipotle for a reward. Blech!

At work its easy though. The hardest thing is eating enough! I take my lunch every day and that goes great. I log what I eat. Heck, my co-worker and I walk one mile every day around our building to get extra steps on our pedometers!

I have to do better at home. AND I need to work out at home!! I brought my wii fit to my boyfriends house so that I can work out, but I have been seriously slacking!! I don't get up in enough time to have nooky with hunny and work out! And after working 12 hour days I need 8 hours of sleep!

Ok, enough excuses! I will be updating everything on this page, including my countdown and goals. My first major goal is still to get under 200!!

Cheers everyone, here is to a happy and healthy Friday!!

Here is a picture of me and Tony at his birthday party June 15th.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment