Sunday, July 31, 2011

HGC diet?

So! I know I am a sporadic poster! I have started the HCG diet. I am on day 5 (day 3 of the second phase).

The way the HCG diet works is the first two days you 'Load' I was very skeptical about this, as you are supposed to eat as much FAT as you can. And since I have been on a pretty strict 1200 calories (or less) diet pretty much for the last year I was really not looking forward to having to eat that much! But, alas, I figured its only two days...might as well follow the directions to the 'T' as I have MANY friends that had great success with the diet over all.

After you load the first two days then you go on a VLC (very low calorie) diet. This diet is 500 calories a day. Scary huh! Well the way the hormones work is that you are actually getting your energy from fat stored in your body so you don't need to eat the calories daily to fuel your body.

The drops that I have also have an appetite suppressor in them. The suppressor is another hormone made in the thyroid. It really works and I am not hungry at all!! I miss the taste of food, but my body is not hungry one bit. As a matter of fact I am having problems eating all the food every day!

So, here is the VLC diet:
2 portions of meat (3.5 oz each): chicken breast, veal, lean steak, or 95/5 ground beef.
2 portions of fruits (1 cup each): grapefruit, strawberries, apples, or oranges.
2 portions of veggies (2 cups each): Cucumber, radishes, onions, tomatoes, and other NASTY VEGGIES (only like 7 to chose from).
2 portions of bread (1 each): Melba toast or grissinni bread sticks (these are like the size of your pinkie).

You can NOT combine any of the foods (like make a salad out of various veggies), but you can eat one portion of each (meat, veggie, bread, and fruit) as one meal.

You can NOT eat the same item twice in a row. Like you cant have chicken for lunch and dinner the same day, or dinner one day and lunch the next. The same for veggies and fruit.

I have decided to add in bananas 2x a week, even though it is out of the diet, because the potassium helps with my RLS (restless leg syndrome), I think.

You can NOT have any dressings, oils, nothing. And only 1tbs of milk a day. You MAY have the juice of 1 lemon daily for dressings or added flavor. And you can have any spices you want!

So far, on day three, I am having no problems except for the aforementioned not eating ENOUGH! which is my problem alot of the time.

The draw backs of this diet is you lose so much so quick that MOST people just put the weight right back on in about 6 weeks after stopping. But I feel that since I have had a major lifestyle change in the last year and have been able to maintain all my weight loss for so long that I have a better chance than most to keep it off.

Let me just add in here how I am taking my HGC. I am doing the drops that I got from a local nutrition supplement store. They emailed me the whole protocol book and I paid $40 for the drops with added appetite suppressant. They recommend that I take 30 drops a day, 10 drops 3x a day. But after much reading online I found that it is better to take double the dose of drops because they are not as good at getting in your system as the shots and that people have more success when they take them multiple times a day. So I take 60 drops a day, 12 drops 5x a day. Every 3 hours I take 12 drops. It really keeps my appetite down, so that is what I feel that I need. The bottle that I bought is a 2 month supply (at 30 drops per day), but it will only last me 1 month because I have doubled the dose.

The office challenge is still going on! We have exactly one month till weigh ins!

OMG! I didn't say! I am now at a new LOW! This morning I weighed in at 222lbs! That is 55lbs dropped from last August! Remember, I didn't diet the whole year, just a few months at a time and then maintained for a few months, and then started losing again :)

I am still living with Tony, my new boyfriend and things are going very well for us :) Last night we went to a sexy party and I wore the killer heals (really they KILLED ME!) and a negligee that showed my booty. It looked so good on, and MULTIPLE people complimented me on how good I was looking :)

Im done babbling now! :) I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week!

~~Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment